Section 42 Safeguarding
About the training
This course aims to provide social workers, managers and partner agency staff with the knowledge of their role and responsibilities within the safeguarding adult’s enquiry process.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the 6 principles which should underpin all safeguarding practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Care Act 2014 in relation to Safeguarding Adults
- Explain the legal term “adults with care and support needs” and apply the criteria used to determine if a S42 Enquiry is required
- Explain the purpose, scope and objectives of a Section 42 Enquiry and how to undertake this in a person led / outcome focused manner
- Explain what is meant by 'the advocacy duty' and when it will apply
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the relationship with safeguarding adults
- Outline the principles of the document: 'Making Safeguarding Personal'
- Describe the legislation and protocols for sharing information
- Define good recording skills as appropriate to the Enquiry
- Explain the purpose, scope and objectives of a safeguarding adults plan and demonstrate how to undertake this in a person led manner which is outcome focused
- Demonstrate how to gather the views of the adult and describe how this has informed the whole process from beginning to end